The Huntington Beach Union High School District seeks to promote mutual respect, civility, and orderly conduct among district employees, parents and the public.┬áThis policy is not intended to deprive any person of his/her right to freedom of expression but only to maintain, to the extent possible and reasonable, a safe, harassment-free workplace for our students and staff.┬áIn the interest of presenting district employees as positive role models to the children of this district, as well as in the community, the Huntington Beach Union High School District encourages positive communication and discourages volatile, hostile or aggressive actions.┬áThe district seeks public cooperation with this endeavor. (continue reading complete policy)
Students with distracting clothing, hairstyles, accessories and/or makeup will be asked tomake modifications in their appearance. This type of apparel includes, but is not limited to, strapless and crop┬átops, and any attire revealing undergarments. Boys are not to wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts.
Only┬áFountain Valley High School hats and beanies may be worn during school hours. Hoods from hooded┬ásweatshirts must be kept off the head for easy identification of FVHS students. Hoods are not to be worn┬áindoors at all, but will be allowed outdoors during inclement weather.
Clothing and jewelry that promote the┬áuse of alcohol, drugs or tobacco, and gang affiliation are prohibited. Clothing and/or accessories that show┬áprejudice because of ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed. Clothing with obscene language,┬ágestures, symbols, or weapons is prohibited. Belts, jackets, and accessories having metal studs and/or chains┬áare prohibited. Steel-toed shoes are prohibited. Shoes with protective soles must be worn at all times.
1. The student shall respect the right of free expression, the dignity and the integrity of other
students, teachers, and support staff.
2. Before, during and after examination, the student shall use only those materials allowed by the
teacher or those made available to all students by the teacher.
3. The student shall respect another studentΓÇÖs right to privacy of materials, tests, and property.
4. The student shall behave in an honorable way so as not to either acquire or provide an unfair
advantage over fellow students or to hinder other studentsΓÇÖ progress.
5. The student, when doing research assignments, shall give proper credit (footnotes, citations,
and/or bibliography in compliance with the teacherΓÇÖs instructions) to those sources used, in
order to avoid plagiarism.
6. The student will give proper credit and citations to information obtained through the internet.
7. The student will refrain from utilizing technology such as hand-held computers, cell phones,
digital cameras, calculators, and recording devices in unauthorized ways on academic
assignments and exams.
8. The student will provide true and accurate information to school officials when asked, and will
refrain from falsification of school records through forgery, impersonation or other means.
TARDY / ATTENDANCE┬áPOLICY
Detentions will be issued by your teachers only
- 1st and 2nd tardy each semester are ΓÇ£freebiesΓÇ¥
- 3rd tardy – call home or email from teacher
- 4th tardy – a detention.
- All detentions must be served within 3 days
- 5th tardy ΓÇô detention assigned and student┬áconference with AP Trocchio.
- Off campus lunch pass will be revoked until or unless conditions defined by AP are met.
- 6th tardy ΓÇô detention issued
- 7th tardy ΓÇô student is sent to Supervision office.
- Saturday school will be assigned and must be served on date specified.
- 8th tardy ΓÇô detention, behavior contract, and┬áparent conference
- 9th tardy ΓÇô Saturday School assigned
- Student must serve Saturday school on date specified.
- Parents must also attend the first 15 minutes of Saturday school.
- 10th tardy ΓÇô further consequences
- including possible drop from class, revocation of Off Campus Lunch Pass for the remainder of the year, etc.